Find your perfect value college
The land of Arkansas may seem like a wild, untamed rugged wilderness of parks and natural wonders. Between the caves, hot springs, and hilly terrain, you’ll find colleges and universities brimming with residential and online degree programs ready for Arkansas residents to pursue.
Public Colleges in Arkansas
- Arkansas Northeastern College – Blytheville
- Arkansas State University Beebe – Beebe
- Arkansas State University Main Campus – Jonesboro
- Arkansas State University Mountain Home – Mountain Home
- Arkansas State University – Newport Newport
- Arkansas Tech University – Russellville
- Henderson State University – Arkadelphia
- Southern Arkansas University Main Campus – Magnolia
- Southern Arkansas University Tech – Camden
- University of Arkansas – Fayetteville, Arkansas
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- University of Arkansas at Monticello
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
- University of Arkansas – Fort Smith
- University of Central Arkansas – Conway
Community Colleges in Arkansas
- Black River Technical College Pocahontas
- Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas De Queen
- East Arkansas Community College – Forrest City
- Mid South Community College – West Memphis
- National Park Community College – Hot Springs
- North Arkansas College – Harrison
- NorthWest Arkansas Community College – Bentonville
- Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas – Helena
- Pulaski Technical College North Little Rock – Arkansas
- Rich Mountain Community College – Mena
- Southeast Arkansas College – Pine Bluff
- South Arkansas Community College – El Dorado
- University of Arkansas Community College – Batesville
- University of Arkansas Community College – Hope
- University of Arkansas Community College – Morrilton
Private Colleges in Arkansas
- Arkansas Baptist College – Little Rock
- Bryan University – Rogers
- Central Baptist College – Conway
- College of the Ouachitas Malvern – Arkansas
- Crowley’s Ridge College – Paragould
- Ecclesia College – Springdale
- Harding University – Searcy, Arkansas
- Williams Baptist College – Walnut Ridge
- Hendrix College – Conway
- John Brown University – Siloam Springs
- Lyon College – Batesville, Arkansas
- Ouachita Baptist University – Arkadelphia
- Ozarka College – Melbourne
- Philander Smith College – Little Rock
- Remington College Little Rock Campus – Little Rock
- University of the Ozarks – Clarksville
The Roots of Higher Education in Arkansas
The state of Arkansas started the 20th century as a state of poor subsistence farmers, its rich cotton-dependent economy wiped out by the Civil War; it ended the century growing a reputation as one of the most business-friendly American, attracting Fortune 500 companies and leaping feet-first into the global economy. With its agricultural roots, Arkansas has become a US leader in areas like bioengineering, while Arkansas’ encouragement of business and technology has brought high-tech development and research to the state. The presence of Wal-Mart, founded in Arkansas, has also brought some of the biggest manufacturers to the state, hoping to be closer to the world’s biggest retailer. This remarkable transition is due not only to business and innovation but to a higher education system that has fully come into its own.
The University of Arkansas has been a significant part of Arkansas’ rise, particularly the internationally-acclaimed Walton College of Business. Named for Sam Walton, founder of Wal-Mart, the Walton College has been at the forefront of business and entrepreneurship in Arkansas, along with the law, architecture, and agriculture schools. Arkansas State and the UA system colleges and universities are also known for excellence and value, developing a strong STEM research grounding and a highly-trained professional and technical workforce to carry Arkansas through the 21st century and beyond. Religious colleges and liberal arts colleges like the renowned University of the Ozarks – Arkansas’ top value, according to U.S. News – are likewise dedicated to building leadership and community throughout the state, making Arkansas stronger than ever.
Arkansas is a fascinating picture of how a state transformed.
- Top 25 Best Value Online Colleges
- Top 25 Lowest Out-of-State Tuition Colleges
- Top 50 Best Value Community Colleges
- Top 50 Best Value Online Graduate Schools
- Essential Guide to Online education in the USA
Aya Andrews is a passionate educator and mother of two, with a diverse background that has shaped her approach to teaching and learning. Born in Metro Manila, she now calls San Diego home and is proud to be a Filipino-American. Aya earned her Masters degree in Education from San Diego State University, where she focused on developing innovative teaching methods to engage and inspire students.
Prior to her work in education, Aya spent several years as a continuing education consultant for KPMG, where she honed her skills in project management and client relations. She brings this same level of professionalism and expertise to her work as an educator, where she is committed to helping each of her students achieve their full potential.
In addition to her work as an educator, Aya is a devoted mother who is passionate about creating a nurturing and supportive home environment for her children. She is an active member of her community, volunteering her time and resources to support local schools and organizations. Aya is also an avid traveler, and loves to explore new cultures and cuisines with her family.
With a deep commitment to education and a passion for helping others succeed, Aya is a true inspiration to those around her. Her dedication to her craft, her community, and her family is a testament to her unwavering commitment to excellence in all aspects of her life.