Find your perfect value college
The colleges and universities of Maine are shaped, like Maine’s unique coastline, by the ocean and the land. From environmental science to health and education, Maine’s institutions work to provide leaders, scholars, and workers to one of the most exceptional states in the union.
Public Colleges and Universities in Maine
- Maine Maritime Academy – Castine
- University of Maine – Orono
- University of Maine at Augusta – Augusta
- University of Maine at Farmington – Farmington
- University of Maine at Fort Kent – Fort Kent
- University of Southern-Maine – Gorham and Portland
Community Colleges in Maine
- Central Maine Community College – Auburn
- Eastern Maine Community College – Bangor
- Kennebec Valley Community College – Fairfield
- Northern Maine Community College – Presque Isle
- Southern Maine Community College – South Portland
Private Colleges and Universities in Maine
- Beal College – Bangor
- Husson University – Bangor and South Portland
- Maine College of Art – Portland
- New England Bible College – South Portland
- Saint Joseph’s College of Maine – Standish
- Thomas College – Waterville
- Unity College – Unity
- University of New England – Biddeford and Portland
What Makes Maine Unique
The most northern state in New England, and the Easternmost state in the contiguous United States, Maine has a lot to offer in terms of beauty and bounty. Travelers and locals know the state’s unique terrain by its low and rolling mountains, exquisite coastlines defined by its jagged edges, and breathtaking inland forestation. The waterways resemble pictures from fairy tales. Maine is also known for its culinary contributions, specifically seafood, including lobster, clams, and mussels. This state is also known for its spaciousness, as it is the least densely populated state on the eastern side of the Mississippi River.
Higher Learning in Maine
Like its abundant coastlines, the state of Maine is also rich with a variety of affordable education options. There are several associate’s-granting institutions throughout the state that feature supportive environments for adult learners and first-generation college students, as well as international students. There are also several options for students to achieve affordable masters and baccalaureate degrees, as well as a renowned art school that attracts students from across the nation. The largest institution is the University of Maine, a nationally-recognized center for research and learning.
- Top 25 Best Value Online Colleges
- Top 25 Lowest Out-of-State Tuition Colleges
- Top 50 Best Value Community Colleges
- Top 50 Best Value Online Graduate Schools
- Essential Guide to Online education in the USA
Aya Andrews is a passionate educator and mother of two, with a diverse background that has shaped her approach to teaching and learning. Born in Metro Manila, she now calls San Diego home and is proud to be a Filipino-American. Aya earned her Masters degree in Education from San Diego State University, where she focused on developing innovative teaching methods to engage and inspire students.
Prior to her work in education, Aya spent several years as a continuing education consultant for KPMG, where she honed her skills in project management and client relations. She brings this same level of professionalism and expertise to her work as an educator, where she is committed to helping each of her students achieve their full potential.
In addition to her work as an educator, Aya is a devoted mother who is passionate about creating a nurturing and supportive home environment for her children. She is an active member of her community, volunteering her time and resources to support local schools and organizations. Aya is also an avid traveler, and loves to explore new cultures and cuisines with her family.
With a deep commitment to education and a passion for helping others succeed, Aya is a true inspiration to those around her. Her dedication to her craft, her community, and her family is a testament to her unwavering commitment to excellence in all aspects of her life.