Find your perfect value college
South Dakota’s colleges and universities are tied to the future and well-being of South Dakota’s people. With a heritage of resilience and resourcefulness, South Dakota has brought that same spirit to higher education. Affordability and value are at the heart of every community college, liberal arts college, and university in South Dakota.
Public Colleges and Universities in South Dakota
- Black Hills State University – Spearfish
- Dakota State University – Madison
- Northern State University – Aberdeen
- South Dakota School of Mines and Technology – Rapid City
- South Dakota State University – Brookings
- University of South Dakota – Vermillion
Community Colleges in South Dakota
- Kilian Community College – Sioux Falls
- Lake Area Technical Institute – Watertown
- Mitchell Technical Institute – Mitchell
- Southeast Technical Institute – Sioux Falls
- Western Dakota Technical Institute – Rapid City
Tribal Colleges in South Dakota
- Oglala Lakota College – Kyle
- Sinte Gleska University – Mission
- Sisseton Wahpeton College – Agency Village
Private Colleges and Universities in South Dakota
- Augustana College – Sioux Falls
- Dakota Wesleyan University – Mitchell
- Mount Marty College – Yankton
- Presentation College – Aberdeen
- Sioux Falls Seminary – Sioux Falls
- University of Sioux Falls – Sioux Falls
The Future of South Dakota
South Dakota is entering its best days in the 21st century. After 150 years of mining and agriculture, the state is seeing significant changes that have made it a surprisingly attractive destination. Sioux Falls, SD, is one of the fastest-growing metropolitan areas in the nation, as residents move from the country to the city, and workers arrive to an area with low unemployment and growing opportunities. South Dakota has become a leading banking state, as its undemanding regulations make it attractive for modern banks, and the nation-wide enthusiasm for outdoor adventure sports and recreation has made South Dakota’s rugged mountains and many national parks a tourist magnet. The US government has also made South Dakota a center for defense research and spending, creating an essential economic base.
South Dakota’s Higher Education Hopes
The University of South Dakota and South Dakota State University are two of the Midwest’s most impressive public research institutions, earning recognition not only for their role in preparing the state’s leaders, professionals, scientists, and workforce but for their accessibility and affordability. Almost across the board, South Dakota’s colleges and universities are recognized as best values, as South Dakota’s heritage of community and support drives higher education to provide opportunities for as many students as possible. South Dakota’s Native American students are a growing presence as well, with younger American Indians coming to college and returning to the reservation on a transformative mission. Whether it’s Catholic or Protestant liberal arts colleges, or regional public universities, South Dakota’s colleges and universities are a best value and the future of South Dakota.
- Top 25 Best Value Online Colleges
- Top 25 Lowest Out-of-State Tuition Colleges
- Top 50 Best Value Community Colleges
- Top 50 Best Value Online Graduate Schools
- Essential Guide to Online education in the USA
Aya Andrews is a passionate educator and mother of two, with a diverse background that has shaped her approach to teaching and learning. Born in Metro Manila, she now calls San Diego home and is proud to be a Filipino-American. Aya earned her Masters degree in Education from San Diego State University, where she focused on developing innovative teaching methods to engage and inspire students.
Prior to her work in education, Aya spent several years as a continuing education consultant for KPMG, where she honed her skills in project management and client relations. She brings this same level of professionalism and expertise to her work as an educator, where she is committed to helping each of her students achieve their full potential.
In addition to her work as an educator, Aya is a devoted mother who is passionate about creating a nurturing and supportive home environment for her children. She is an active member of her community, volunteering her time and resources to support local schools and organizations. Aya is also an avid traveler, and loves to explore new cultures and cuisines with her family.
With a deep commitment to education and a passion for helping others succeed, Aya is a true inspiration to those around her. Her dedication to her craft, her community, and her family is a testament to her unwavering commitment to excellence in all aspects of her life.