Find your perfect value college
North Dakota’s colleges and universities are a crucial part in the state’s historic boom. With the fastest-growing economy in the US, and one of the highest employment rates, North Dakota is America’s future, thanks to top-tier universities and dedicated colleges.
Public Colleges and Universities in North Dakota
- Bismarck State College – Bismarck
- Dickinson State University – Dickinson
- Lake Region State College – Devils Lake
- Mayville State University – Mayville
- Minot State University – Minot
- Dakota College at Bottineau – Bottineau
- North Dakota State University – Fargo
- North Dakota State College of Science – Wahpeton
- University of North Dakota – Grand Forks
- Valley City State University – Valley City
- Williston State College – Williston
Tribal Colleges in North Dakota
- Cankdeska Cikana Community College – Fort Totten
- Fort Berthold Community College – New Town
- Sitting Bull College – Fort Yates
- Turtle Mountain Community College – Belcourt
- United Tribes Technical College – Bismarck
Private Colleges in North Dakota
- Rasmussen College – Fargo and Bismarck
- Trinity Bible College – Ellendale
- University of Jamestown – Jamestown
- University of Mary – Bismarck
The New North Dakota
When the railroad finally stretched across the entire continental US, North Dakota’s vast, unsettled land attracted some of the boldest, sturdiest immigrants Germany, Russia, and the Scandinavian countries had to offer, taming a land that was more than a little resistant. These first settlers created a foundation for North Dakota that sustains until today – hard work, community responsibility, and religious faith.
The people of North Dakota valued work, and they also valued intelligence and education, ever more so as times have changed.
With a strong economic base in petroleum and natural gas, and other natural resources, North Dakota has the fastest-growing economy in the US, highest job growth, and lowest unemployment. That makes North Dakota a destination in the 21st century economy, even more than in the 19th.
North Dakota’s Higher Education Value
North Dakota does not have many colleges and universities – after all, it doesn’t have many people – but those institutions that make their home in North Dakota are uniformly excellent. With its grounding in natural resources, North Dakota’s research institutions, the University of North Dakota and North Dakota State University, are national leaders in STEM fields, especially engineering and bioengineering. They are also crucial to the state’s medical and political leadership, preparing leaders with strong liberal arts and professional education. With a significant need to reach out to remote populations, North Dakota’s regional colleges play a critical role, and NDSU has become a national model for online education. In addition, to make their offerings accessible, North Dakota’s higher education institutions have earned reputations as great values for their quality and affordability.
- Top 25 Best Value Online Colleges
- Top 25 Lowest Out-of-State Tuition Colleges
- Top 50 Best Value Community Colleges
- Top 50 Best Value Online Graduate Schools
- Essential Guide to Online education in the USA