Find your perfect value college
Vermont’s colleges and universities are few in number, but legendary. Vermont has been home to some of the most innovative, pioneering higher education institutions in the US, but Vermont has also been a model of affordability and value.
Public Colleges and Universities in Vermont
- Castleton University – Castleton
- Johnson State College – Johnson
- Lyndon State College – Lyndonville
- University of Vermont – Burlington
- Vermont Technical College – Randolph Center
Community Colleges in Vermont
- Community College of Vermont – 12 locations
Private Colleges and Universities in Vermont
- Bennington College – Bennington
- Champlain College – Burlington
- College of St. Joseph – Rutland
- Goddard College – Plainfield
- Green Mountain College – Poultney
- Landmark College – Putney
- Marlboro College – Marlboro
- Middlebury College – Middlebury
- Norwich University – Northfield
- Saint Michael’s College – Colchester
- Southern Vermont College – Bennington
- Sterling College – Craftsbury Common
- Vermont College of Fine Arts – Montpelier
- Vermont Law School – South Royalton
What Makes Vermont Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise
Despite being one of the smallest states in the US, Vermont is also one of the healthiest and best-educated states. Those standards are really written into Vermont’s history – it was the first state to require public schools in its constitution, as well as one of the first to outlaw slavery and allow voting regardless of wealth or race. From its earliest days as an independent republic, to the 21st century, when its low unemployment and stable economy have made it one of the best places to live in the nation, Vermont has been a model of progress and democracy. Outdoor adventurers are drawn to the Green Mountain State to test themselves against ski slopes and climbing cliffs. Vermont’s success, though, tends to fly under the radar; a humble state, Vermonters seem content to be quietly great.
Vermont’s Higher Education Innovation
Vermont’s colleges and universities are primarily known for their firsts, and for their experiments – the first college in the US to graduate a black student (Middlebury College), or the innovative Marlboro College, in which students and faculty run the school with town hall meetings and equal voices. But Vermont also has a strong online education framework, from the University of Vermont and the smaller, regional public colleges like Johnson State College, to innovative institutions like Green Mountain College. And many of Vermont’s institutions are solid, nationally-recognized best values – not only the public universities, which keep tuition reasonable to attract Vermont’s promising next generation and working adults, but the small liberal arts colleges that offer strong financial aid and student support.
- Top 25 Best Value Online Colleges
- Best Value Historically Black Colleges & Universities
- Top 25 Lowest Out-of-State Tuition Colleges
- Top 50 Best Value Community Colleges
- Top 50 Best Value Online Graduate Schools
- Essential Guide to Online education in the USA
Aya Andrews is a passionate educator and mother of two, with a diverse background that has shaped her approach to teaching and learning. Born in Metro Manila, she now calls San Diego home and is proud to be a Filipino-American. Aya earned her Masters degree in Education from San Diego State University, where she focused on developing innovative teaching methods to engage and inspire students.
Prior to her work in education, Aya spent several years as a continuing education consultant for KPMG, where she honed her skills in project management and client relations. She brings this same level of professionalism and expertise to her work as an educator, where she is committed to helping each of her students achieve their full potential.
In addition to her work as an educator, Aya is a devoted mother who is passionate about creating a nurturing and supportive home environment for her children. She is an active member of her community, volunteering her time and resources to support local schools and organizations. Aya is also an avid traveler, and loves to explore new cultures and cuisines with her family.
With a deep commitment to education and a passion for helping others succeed, Aya is a true inspiration to those around her. Her dedication to her craft, her community, and her family is a testament to her unwavering commitment to excellence in all aspects of her life.